TERMS & CONDITIONS
ELIGIBILITY & RESTRICTIONS
1. This contest is valid for individuals who are residing in India.
2. Who are competent to enter into a valid and binding contract under law, and are aged 18 years and above.
3. Any employee or their immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings or children) or households (whether related or not) from the brand “Her Story” (used by Walking Tree Brands Private Limited) or its parent group, subsidiary and associate companies are ineligible to participate or win. This promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
4. Entrants are required to provide truthful information, and Her Story shall have the full rights to reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. Her Story will disqualify any entry from any individual who does not meet the eligibility requirements, and will also delete any entry as required by law.
5. Her Story at its sole discretion may reject your Entry and/or suspend or terminate your use or access to the Site/Campaign or Services in the event of alleged or suspected or actual breach of terms and conditions provided herein.
To participate in the Promotion, you may
Find the Campaign Contest Alert Post, scan the QR Code. And share your pledge story and answers which get reflected in the microsite word cloud.
6. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same account and also a single entrant is not allowed to share his/her entry through multiple accounts/fake accounts.
7. Entries submitted will not be acknowledged or returned. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Her Story.
8. The contest administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Promotion.
9. The entries received by the Brand shall be original and not violate proprietary or intellectual property rights of any third party and the Brand shall not be held liable in any manner during or after the contest for any infringement of intellectual property rights of any party caused due to promotion or display of such entries across any platform of the Brand.
10. Any Individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the operations or entry process of the contest or T&Cs of the contest will immediately be disqualified.
11. We may, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and in our sole discretion, change the T&Cs or cancel the Contest at any time, modify, terminate, or suspend the Contest due to viruses, worms, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond our control corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Contest or submission of entries.
12. Only one entry per person is permitted.
There is no entry fee for participating in the contest.
13. The Campaign Contest Day (“Promotion”) will begin on October 01, 2023 and end on October 12, 2023 at 11:59 PM IST or as otherwise notified by the brand (Contest Period).
14. The deadline for entries is October 12, 2023 at 11:59 PM and the winner will be announced on October 18, 2023 or as otherwise notified by the brand.
15. October 25, 2023 or any other date as determined by the brand is the event at the boutique for which the winner will be flown to Mumbai for the duration of the event.
16. Once announced, the Winner will stand a chance to attend the round table for #pledgeforcharkha hosted by Her Story and moderated by Faye D’souza. The round table will be attended by industry stalwarts.
Questions to be answered by the contestants*:
2. Contact number:
4. City (Dropdown to select the city):
5. Address (Optional):
17. I pledge to change/ improve ____________
18. I wish to change/improve this because ___________
19. It will positively affect/ impact ____________
(Showcase who/ how many people it will impact and how).
I pledge that it will start on __________ (Optional)
Contest participation and call to action:
20. Step 1: To participate, scan the QR Code, fill out the pledge form. Answer the questions mentioned in the form. All mandatory fields to be filled to qualify for the contest.
21. All entries will be accepted via QR code scanning, through the entry of pledge details on the pledge form.
22. This will then get reflected on the word cloud on the microsite.
ODDS OF WINNING
23. The Winner will be chosen as per “Her Story” teams’ discretion and the final decision by the brand.
24. Winner gets a chance to be present at the round table hosted by Her Story, moderated by Faye D’souza and attended by industry stalwarts who will all share their pledges.
25. Winners will be notified via email or a telephonic call. Winners must respond via email back to Her Story within forty-eight (48) hours in order to receive the said Invite.
26. There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for the Event Invite (hereinafter referred to as “Invite”) to the aforementioned event. This Invite is meant only for the winner of the contest and is non-transferable. The brand may request for suitable verification proofs to ascertain the same before the event participation.
27. The attendance will be subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this document as may be applicable to this specific purpose and shall have to be duly complied with by the winner.
28. The decision of the Brand in respect of the said winner under this contest shall be final and binding and no communication or correspondence in this regard shall be entertained. No benefit other than which is described in the Terms & Conditions above will be awarded.
29. Participants shall have to acknowledge and agree that, subject to these terms and conditions, the ownership rights to the thoughts or write-up shared and submitted by participants are original and will remain with Her Story. Participant acknowledges and agrees and grants to Her Story an irrevocable, worldwide, royalty free, sub licensable, unlimited, assignable, sub licensable, fully paid up, and exclusive license, to publish, promote and commercially use the content or part thereof submitted by Participant with the Brand, through any medium and channel, whether currently existing or developed in the future and at its sole discretion.
30. Her Story shall not be required to take any further approval or to notify the Participant or to pay any consideration for the grant of aforesaid rights. Her Story holds the rights to publish the story or information shared by the contestant across Her Story’s social media platforms, website or on other digital mediums as may be decided by the Brand and the contestant shall not raise any objection and/or claim any copyrights to such information.
31. Her Story shall have an irrevocable, worldwide, royalty free, sub licensable, assignable, unlimited, fully paid up right to create any derivative works from the Content at its sole discretion and shall retain all ownership and intellectual property rights in such derivative works.
32. Every participant shall fully indemnify, hold harmless and defend the Brand, its group/associate companies, subsidiaries, representatives, affiliates, partners, agents, assigns, directors, employees, and officers against and all its officer and representatives against all sorts of claims, demands, actions, suits, damages, liabilities, losses, expenses which arises or may arise in future out of or relate to use/display/promotion of any entry (anecdote/poem or story) by the Brand.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
33. The Contest is being made purely on a “Best Effort” basis and participating in this Contest is voluntary. The liability of the brand shall at all times be limited to the Invite which is being offered under the contest.
This Contest is subject to force majeure circumstances including without limitation, floods, natural disasters, war, act of terror, political unrests, technical snags, act of God or any circumstance beyond the reasonable control of the brand (“Force Majeure Event). The Brand shall not be liable for any delay or adverse effect caused to participants in the contest including the winners as a result of a Force Majeure Event.
If your entry is incomplete or shall not fall under the eligibility criteria of the contest or either if found robotic or programmed or automatic, your entry will be void.
34. Disputes, if any, must be shared with the brand within two (2) days of the close of the contest.
35. The contest is governed by the Indian Laws and the courts of Mumbai, Maharashtra shall have sole jurisdiction in respect of any disputes or any matter arising herefrom.